This Gluten free roti is a hit at our place. Even my 18 year old NT kid doesn’t mind replacing his wheat roti with this, at a regular basis. A healthy option, as it omits the use of boiled potato or boiled plaintain, as a binder and hence results in a low carb roti. Addition of flaxseed powder makes it even more healthier
- 1/2 cup Buckwheat flour (Kuttu ka atta),
- 1 heaping tbsp flaxseed powder,
- salt to taste
- Ajwain to taste (optional)
- Coconut oil or ghee to grease hands
- Hot water, as required for kneading the dough
- Mix thoroughly with hands, make a well and pour hot water.
- Keep mixing with a spoon as you pour till you get a sticky dough. Cover and keep for 30-45 minutes. The dough will harden a bit as flax soaks up some water.
- Grease your hands with coconut oil/ghee and knead to get a smooth dough.
- Divide and roll the rotis, using some dry buckwheat flour to dust, so as to prevent sticking on the rolling surface.
- Cook like wheat roti and serve with ghee and your favorite curry.
Please try this and give me your feedback!!!
P.S. I had tried making poori using the same flour mix, rubbed with little oil prior to making the dough with hot water, rolling smaller rounds from the dough, and deep frying in coconut oil. The pooris came out extremely good and my kiddo enjoyed it. You too can enjoy making pooris once in a while.